Author Topic: Restoration of Ivalice Alliance  (Read 324 times)

Balthier

• Administrator
Restoration of Ivalice Alliance
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »
Hi everyone!

After the announcement of Starcraft: Remastered, I was reminiscing about this clan. Although I am not very active on here anymore, I did bring up the idea of restoring the clan in the Skype group and was encouraged by those still interested. I came up with a new goal to restore this clan into an active community that shares gaming experiences (FF and non-FF related) together across a variety of gaming platforms.

Thinking back about what has made this clan successful in the past, I came up with a short term plan to get things started again, and a follow-up plan to fully restore the community. This is all a work in progress and subject to change. I am open to any feedback, advice, and recommendations to help us restore the community.

If you're interested in helping, continue the discussion in this thread or on Skype.

Short Term Plan
Technical
  • Replace Skype with Discord
  • Modern Forums that also work well on touch screen devices (phones, tablets) and retina screens
  • Migrate important sections from past forums to new forums
Administrative
Revise current rules and roles to reflect the following:
  • Reinstate Final Fantasy character name requirement (no longer optional).
  • A nickname can be used in addition to the character name.
  • All Judge positions are now vacant: Seeking two active members to fulfill positions

Follow-up Plans
Technical
  • New character progression system to replace ICE
Administrative
  • Organize game communities and events
  • Open up 2-4 new Judge positions to moderate and host events

Noctis

• Beginner
Re: Restoration of Ivalice Alliance
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:01:33 PM »
Hey, it's been a long time! I'm definitely up for a restoration, with Remastered coming out It'd be a blast to get everyone together again.
Discord sounds like a great way to keep in touch with everyone also, I've never been big on Skype. But discord is a great program.

Whenever you get the Discord channel set up, i'd appreciate the information.
"Share my despair!" -Shuyin

“In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it”

Nero

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »
Years upon years upon years, I still remember this clan and website. I check back from time to time. I'm more than interested.

Doom

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:29:13 PM »
I am definitely all for a restoration of IA. It has been too long and i hate the idea of all those years of bonding slowly growing apart! Brothers forever !
Despair, fear, and chaos. these are my powers. Tremble mortals and despair. Doom has come to this world